Sustainability and goales
OUR SUSTAINABILITY and GOALS
Our sustainable fresh frozen at sea value chain
- Harvested for sustainable and well managed resources.
- Fish processed at sea only hours after harvesting.
- High quality finished products – no secondary processing.
- 100% of the raw material is utilized through production of fish meal and fish oil.
- F/Tr «Ramoen» is an energy efficient vessel with a hybrid propulsion system and a small main engine. Resulting in a low fuel consumption compared to the volume of fish harvested.
- Residual heat from the main engine is utillized for heating the vessel and for production of fish meal and fish oil.
- NOx emissions reduced to a minimum through catalyst cleansing.
- Waste taken care of and delivered to shore for recycling.
- Products exported to market mainly by sea transport.No air freight.
- As a part of the Norwegian Marine Institute’s reference fleet we provide data and samples to improve management of the fish stocks.
- Local crew and local cold store reduces the need for air travelling.
Our environmental goal is to minimize the carbon footprint through an efficient operation.Focus areas are:
- Catch and trip planning.How to catch our qouta in less days at sea.
- Continiously improve the efficiency of the processing plant.
- Improve catch and fuel efficiency of fishing gear in cooperation with suppliers.
- Keep hull and propeller clean.
- Improve fuel efficiency software (ACON)
- Maximise bi-product utilization
- Increase utilization of surplus heat from exhaust and cooling water
- Reduce use of plastic (sheets vs roll)